Livestock Bill of Sale Form is required while selling or buying livestock to document the transaction. It also helps in defining the preparations and considerations for both parties. This form is suitable for use during the sale of cattle, sheep, horses, pigs, or any other livestock. However, it is very necessary to describe the livestock in detail. You may use this form during the sale of more than one type of animal. However, make sure that you describe each type of animal on a separate line. Both seller and the purchaser must sign this form to execute it. Livestock Bill of Sale Form is legally binding on both signing parties. Please prepare this Livestock Bill of Sale form in entirety.
The bill of sale form must contain
- Date of sale
- Number of livestock
- Type of animal
- Color and brand of animal
- Gross and net weight of animal
- Price per CWT or short hundredweight; i.e. 100 pounds
- Particulars of seller and purchaser
- Signatures of purchaser and seller
You may choose to add any other relevant and important information to this Bill of Sale Form in case both parties mutually feel it necessary. This form also serves as a receipt for the payment made by the purchaser to the seller as well as proof of ownership of livestock. Documenting the transfer of the ownership rights is very necessary and this form serves the purpose. However, this form is not suitable to document sale/purchase of livestock in auctions.
Steps to Prepare Livestock Bill of Sale Form
- Enter date in required format
- Enter name of the place
- Enter seller’s name and address
- Enter name and address of purchaser
- Enter number of livestock
- Enter type, color, brand, location of brand, gross, and net weight
- Specify price per CWT or short hundredweight; i.e. 100 pounds
- Enter amount paid
- Seller must sign on the form
- Purchaser must sign on the form to complete preparation of Livestock Bill of Sale Form
A Livestock Bill of Sale Form documents the sale/purchase transaction of livestock between a seller and purchaser whilst providing receipt of the same. Both parties involved in this transaction must sign on the bill of sale to execute it. Please prepare this form completely and provide accurate details of the livestock. In addition, this Livestock Bill of Sale form must contain information of the seller and purchaser along with detailed information of livestock. Please use a separate line to describe livestock when more than one type of animal is sold using this form. Notarization of this Bill of Sale form is not necessary. You may use this form to buy or sell animals like cattle, sheep, horses, pigs, or any other livestock within the jurisdiction of any state in the United States. However, please do not use this form during auctions.