Preparing Arizona Watercraft Bill of Sale Form is necessary during a sale/purchase of a motorized vessel in Arizona State. The seller must file a Sold Notice to the office of the Arizona Game and Fish Department in Phoenix. In addition, the buyer must file a registration notification request to the office of the Arizona Game and Fish Department in Phoenix. Both the seller and the buyer of the motorized vessel must file respective notices within 15 days of the date of sale.
However, registration of watercraft or motorized vehicle is not necessary during following applications
- Rescue operation watercraft / lifeboats
- US Coast Guard boats
- Boats operational for less than 90 days in Arizona State
- Boats driven by sail, oar, or paddle
Arizona Watercraft Bill of Sale Form must contain
- Seller’s name
- Buyer’s name
- Length of the vessel
- Hull ID number
- Name of the manufacturer of the boat
- Sale / purchase price
- Sales tax amount paid
- Signature of the seller
The buyer must ensure that the Arizona Watercraft Bill of Sale Form is prepared in line with the requirements of Arizona DMV. The seller must prepare the bill of sale by providing accurate information of the vessel / watercraft. In addition, this form 678 serves as a receipt for the payment made by the buyer. Please prepare this form accurately and in entirety to avoid delays and/or refusal of registration of the watercraft. Arizona DMV provides guidelines for registration of new watercraft, used watercraft in Arizona State, and used watercraft registered in any other state. Please review them carefully depending upon the type of watercraft you are buying.
How to Fill : Arizona Watercraft Bill of Sale Form
- Step 1: Enter date of the transaction.
- Step 2: Enter seller’s name.
- Step 3: Enter seller’s detailed address as per the existing registration of the watercraft.
- Step 4: Enter buyer’s name on the next line.
- Step 5: Enter buyer’s detailed address.
- Step 6: Enter the name of the manufacturer of the watercraft.
- Step 7: Enter Hull Identification Number on the next line.
- Step 8: Enter the registration number and name of the state issuing it.
- Step 9: Enter year of manufacturing and length in feet and inches.
- Step 10: Enter the purchase price.
- Step 11: Enter amount of sales tax paid.
- Step 12: The seller must enter the date and sign on the next line.
Arizona Watercraft Bill of Sale Form serves as an important legal instrument to document a sale of watercraft and receipt for the buyer when duly signed by the seller. Please prepare this form 678 in line with the requirements outlined by Arizona DMV. Use this form to register new watercraft, used watercraft in Arizona State, and used watercraft registered in any other state with Arizona DMV. The seller must provide accurate particulars and sign this form to execute it.