DMV, Alabama mandates signing the Alabama Boat Bill of Sale or Bill of Sale while buying or selling a boat or vessel within the jurisdiction of Alabama State. You as a buyer require this fully furnished document during the registration of the title of the boat or vessel. You must demand and procure this document when you are purchasing the boat or vessel from any dealer or individual. However, the dealer must furnish the Alabama Boat Bill of Sale form signed by the legal owner of the boat or vessel. This document is necessary to establish your ownership rights of the vessel. Similarly, you need a certificate of title along with this form during filing the application for the transfer of the title. You must apply for title transfer within fifteen days of the sale of a boat or vessel.
How to Prepare Alabama Boat Bill of Sale
- Enter the name of the county of Alabama State on the first line.
- Enter the amount of sale in the US dollar on the next line. Please specify amount of sale in figure and words.
- Enter the date of sale in the requested format.
- Enter the legal name of the buyer of the boat or vessel on the subsequent line.
- Continue by providing buyer’s address and name of the city on the respective lines.
- Please provide a description of the boat or vessel accurately on the following lines.
- Enter make, model, and model year of the boat on the next line of the Alabama Boat Bill of Sale form.
- Please enter Hull Serial Number on the following line. Please specify 12-digit hull number in case the boat is built in the year 1972 or later. You must specify the serial number and horsepower of the boat. Then enter the length in feet.
- Specify motor make and serial number on the respective lines.
- Please provide Alabama registration decal/sticker number along with the month and year of issuing the decal/sticker in the respective spaces on the next line.
- The Seller and the Buyer must sign on the succeeding lines above their respective printed names.
- Complete Alabama Boat Bill of Sale by providing Seller’s address, city, state, and zip code. This document does not require notarization of signature and/or identity. However, you as a buyer may choose to insist for the same.
Please use this template Alabama Boat Bill of Sale to establish your ownership of a recently purchased boat or vessel in the jurisdiction of Alabama State. You must procure duly signed bill of sale form along with the certificate of title prior to applying for a transfer of title. Please insist for issuance of Alabama Boat Bill of Sale before buying the boat as this document is requested by the DMV, Alabama and the insurance company.