Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form serves as an important instrument to document a sale of motor vehicle. This form also permits the buyer to drive an unregistered vehicle conditionally provided the seller is an individual and the sale occurs in the weekend. However, the bill of sale form must contain the date and time of delivery. All sellers and the buyers must sign the form together to execute it legally if more than one seller or buyers engage in the transaction. The buyer needs to file documents like emission report, duly filled Form DR 2395 or Application for Title and/or Registration, auto insurance proof, identification proof, lien document, and payment of fees during registration and title transfer in addition to the Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form. The form must comprise of
- Date of sale / transaction
- Time of sale / transaction
- Purchase amount in US dollar
- Buyer’s name and address
- Seller’s name and address
- Detailed description of motor vehicle
- Signatures of all sellers and buyers
Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is suitable for sale transactions without monetary consideration like gifting a vehicle to an immediate family member. However, please leave the purchase amount blank to request waiver of tax for the buyer. Please understand that this is one-time tax exemption during registration and the buyer is liable to pay recurring taxes. Please specify current odometer reading for all vehicles not older than ten years.
How to Write a Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Enter date of sale on the first line of Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form.
- Enter time of sale and mention AM or PM as appropriate.
- Enter purchase amount in US dollar.
- Enter buyer’s name on the next line.
- Enter buyer’s address.
- Specify year of manufacturing on the next line.
- Enter make of the motor vehicle.
- Write VIN or vehicle identification number of the vehicle.
- The buyer/s must sign after entering printed name.
- The seller/s must sign after entering printed name to complete preparing Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form.
Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is an essential instrument required to establish proof of ownership, computation of taxes, and receipt for payment to the seller. In addition, filing this document is necessary during title transfer and registration by filing form DR 2395 or DR 2698 as appropriate. The duly prepared and signed by all involved parties bill of sale must contain particulars of motor vehicle, seller, and buyer in addition to the odometer reading. Please make copies of the form and hand over to each concern party for record. Notarization of Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is not necessary. Please ensure that actual date and time of delivery along with the purchase price is mentioned in the form.