Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal instrument required during the sale/purchase transaction of a motor vehicle in the jurisdiction of Texas State. This documented format is appropriate for using in all counties of Texas State. Individuals buying or selling a motor vehicle and car dealers need to use this prescribed format to establish the proof of sale and ownership of the vehicle. Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is also necessary while transferring the certificate of title and computation of taxes for the buyer of the motor vehicle.
Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is an important legal instrument and it must contain
- Seller’s name and address
- Buyer’s name and address
- Vehicle description, including VIN, Make, Model, Color, Identification Number, LIC Number, and Body Style
- Date of sale
- Amount of sale
- Signature of the seller
Mentioning these details in the Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is necessary from legal perspectives. In addition, you may choose to specify the particulars of the previous owner of the motor vehicle in case you are buying it from a car dealer. Please specify the name of the county where the transaction is taking place to define the jurisdiction. Submit Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale along with the certificate of title to DMV of your county.
Steps to Prepare Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Seller’s Name – Enter seller’s name on the first line
- Seller’s Address – Enter seller’s address on the next line
- Sale Amount – Enter the amount of sale in US Dollar
- Purchaser’s Name – Specify the buyer’s name on this line
- Purchaser’s Address – Enter buyer’s detailed address
- Year – Please specify the year of manufacturing of the motor vehicle
- Make – Please specify the make of the motor vehicle in this space
- Body Style – Describe body style of the motor vehicle
- Identification Number – Enter identification number of the motor vehicle
- LIC Number – Enter LIC number of the motor vehicle
- Seller’s Signature – Space for seller’s signature, please enter seller’s printed name below the signature
- Date of Sale – Enter the date of the sale and execution of the Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale
- County – Enter the name of the county
Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is an instrument intended to establish a sale/purchase transaction of a motor vehicle in Texas State. This document records the transaction and serves as a receipt of payment made. In addition, Texas Vehicle Bill of Sale is required during the transfer of the certificate of title of the motor vehicle. DMV of your county requires this document for computation of taxes for the buyer. Please ensure that this form is duly filled and signed by the seller for its execution. Notarization of the form is not necessary.