Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31 is an important document for both the buyer and the seller of a motor vehicle. This document serves as a proof of the transaction and it is required during the title transfer. Use Form H-31 during the sale/purchase transaction of a motor vehicle, vessel, or other Automotives like ATVs between a buyer and an individual or a car dealer. The buyer must submit this Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form along with other documents to the CT DMV during the registration and title transfer of the motor vehicle or vessel. The seller must prepare this Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form duly and hand over it to the buyer. The document has important information like
- Information of the seller
- Sale price
- Information of the buyer
- Description of the motor vehicle or vessel
The seller undertakes to provide truthful information in the form H-31 under the penalty of perjury. Please provide accurate vehicle description, date of the sale, and the amount of sale along with the particulars of the buyer and seller. Please use this Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31 during the sale of a motor vehicle or vessel and provide the necessary particulars in the space provided for the same. CT DMV offers the facility to order a duplicate copy of the Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31. Please refer to local DMV for more information on how to request a copy of the bill of sale in case your copy is damaged or lost.
How to Write : Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31
- Select the right type by marking the box before motor vehicle, vessel, or other type and specify the same.
- Enter seller’s name. Continue by entering seller’s street address, city or town name, state, and zip code on the respective lines.
- Enter the sale price in US dollar only.
- Enter buyer’s information like buyer’s name, street address, name of city or town, state, and zip code.
- Describe the vehicle by providing particulars like make, color, year of manufacturing, model number or name, style of body, odometer reading, and VIN.
- Provide vessel description like year built, make, Hull ID number, primary and secondary color, model, length, name of the state of registration, and previous number if any.
- The seller must sign in the space provided after entering the date to complete preparing Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31.
Any buyer or seller of a motor vehicle or vessel in Connecticut State must prepare the original Connecticut DMV Bill of Sale Form H-31. This document is required during the registration and title transfer of the motor vehicle or the vessel. Form H-31 also serves as a proof of the payment made by the buyer to the seller toward the sale of the vehicle. In addition, CT DMV requires submission of this form along with other documents like duly endorsed title of the vehicle.