Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is a vital document required during the sale/purchase of a motor vehicle within the jurisdiction of Hawaii State. Any individual or a car dealer is authorized to prepare Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form during the sale of a motor vehicle provided the document is prepared as required. Please ensure to prepare this document in entirety. In addition, provide particulars of the motor vehicle accurately. Taxes for buyer are computed based on the sale price mentioned in Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form. Therefore, mention the appropriate sale price in the space provided for the same.
Notarization of the signatures of the buyer and seller is necessary. Please refer to Hawaii Administrative Rules §5-11-8 for the requirements of Notary Certification. The seller must declare the odometer reading. However, this Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form permits the seller to check box 1 or box 2 in case of an odometer discrepancy. The seller must provide particulars of any lien along with the details of the lien holder in this bill of sale form. However, the title of the motor vehicle is registered in the buyer’s name without recording a lien in case it is not described in the form.
How to Fill : Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
- Enter the amount of sale in words and figure on the foremost line of Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form. Please provide the amount of sale in US dollar only.
- Enter buyer’s name and address on the following line. The buyer must provide legal name as it should appear on the title after a transfer of the same.
- Enter the license plate number of the motor vehicle subjected to the sale.
- Continue by providing accurate VIN or vehicle identification number.
- Enter the year of manufacturing, model, and the make of the motor vehicle.
- Describe the body type of the vehicle.
- Enter the particulars of the lien and the lien holder. Please provide lien holder’s name, street address, city, state, and zip code on the respective lines.
- Enter the odometer reading on the next line. The seller must check box 1 or box 2 in case of an odometer discrepancy.
- Enter date in the required format.
- Each seller of the motor vehicle must sign after entering printed name before a Notary Public of Hawaii State.
- Enter Seller’s street address, city, state, and zip code on the respective lines.
- Please get the notarization portion completed as required from the Notary Public of Hawaii State to complete preparing Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form.
Hawaii Vehicle Bill of Sale Form proves a sale/purchase transaction of a motor vehicle between a buyer and seller. This document also serves as the base for computing taxes for the buyer during the registration and transfer of the title. Notarization of signatures on this document is mandatory. The seller must provide accurate particulars of the motor vehicle, sale price, date of the sale, and lien if any in entirety. This document also serves as a receipt for the money paid by the buyer to the seller.