MVT32-13B Alabama Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale is intended to facilitate the transfer of the ownership of an abandoned motor vehicle under the directives pursuant to Title 32, Chapter 13 of Alabama Code 1975. According to the Alabama Code 1975, Title 32 and Chapter 13-4(a),(b) it is mandatory to publish notification of sale. You must enclose original form MVT 32-13R along with this form declaring the status of the ownership of the vehicle. Please furnish the particulars of the net proceeds of the sale of the motor vehicle described in the form. Falsification of information using this form is a criminal offence as directed in Alabama Code 1975, Title 32 and Chapter 8, Alabama Uniform Certificate of Title and Antitheft Law. Please read the form carefully to understand its requirements and nature of inputs of particulars.
How To Fill Alabama Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Enter VIN or Vehicle Identification Number on the first line of Form MVT32-13B Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale. Continue by entering the year of manufacturing, make, and model of the abandoned motor vehicle.
- Then enter the date of abandoning the motor vehicle, date of the sale, and location of the sale on the next line.
- Please provide the particulars of the Courthouse and/or newspaper posting/publishing as requested in the form. You must specify the name where the notice of sale is published along with the first and the second date of posting/publishing. Alabama Code 1975, Title 32 and Chapter 13-4(a) mandates publication of the notice of sale.
- Please select the first box in case you are enclosing MVT 32-13R, Abandoned Motor Vehicle Record Request Response in case the ownership of the vehicle is established. Please provide date of sending certified mail to the owner of the record. Alternately, enter the date of sending certified mail to the lien holder or any other secured party on the next line.
- Please select the next box in case you are enclosing MVT 32-13R, Abandoned Motor Vehicle Record Request Response in case the ownership of the motor vehicle is not established.
- Continue by entering Net Proceeds of the sale of the abandoned motor vehicle like sale price, repair expenses, towing expenses, storage expenses, and other expenses on the respective lines. Please enter amounts in US dollar. Add amounts on line 2 to 5 and enter total amount deductible from the sale price. Then deduct the amount on line 6 from the amount on line 1 and enter Net Sales Balance on line 7.
- Please provide buyer’s name and address on the respective lines.
- The seller must enter name, address, and sign before a notary public of Alabama State.
- Please get the seller’s signature notarized by a Notary Public in the space reserved for the same before filing Form MVT32-13B Alabama Abandoned Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale.
Filing Form MVT32-13B Alabama Abandoned Vehicle Bill of Sale is necessary during the sale of an abandoned vehicle with established or unknown ownership. You must prepare this form in line with the directions specified in Title 32, Chapter 13 of Alabama Code 1975. Please notarize the signature of the seller prior to filing this form. Providing accurate and truthful information pertaining to the vehicle and the net proceeds of the sale is mandatory.