Form VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale is necessary for the salvage vehicle dealers during the sale of the vehicle or its components as scrap metal. The salvage vehicle dealer must undertake to surrender the title for junk vehicles described in the Form VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale form with the Texas DMV under the directives of the Occupation Code §2303.257. Please complete this form in every respect, including furnishing your particulars like name, license number, and address as a salvage vehicle dealer. Complete the vehicle delivery information section of this form VTR-203 carefully. Please prepare and submit Form VTR-340 along with this form to Texas DMV for surrendering the certificate of title of junk vehicles and/or vehicle bodies. You as a salvage vehicle dealer must sign this form duly to undertake the responsibility of accuracy and truthfulness of the particulars provided in form VTR-203.
How To Prepare Form VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Enter Metal Recycler’s name on the foremost line of Form VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale.
- Continue by providing street address, name of the city, state, and zip code on the respective lines.
- The next portion of Form VTR-203 requires information on salvaged vehicles. Use separate line for each vehicle, body, or part. Please provide particulars like the make of the vehicle, year of manufacturing, body style of the vehicle, and VIN or vehicle identification number. Take the utmost care to avoid strikeouts and omissions in this portion of form VTR-203.
- Please complete Delivery Information portion of form VTR-203 by providing license plate number, state of issuance, and the date of delivery of the vehicle delivering and the junk vehicle displayed at the Metal Recycler.
- Continue by entering your license number as a salvage vehicle dealer.
- Then enter your name as a salvage vehicle dealer on the following line.
- Enter your street address followed by the name of the city, state, and zip code on the respective lines.
- Sign on the line provided for the same and define your role as a salvage vehicle dealer or authorized agent of a salvage vehicle dealer.
A salvage vehicle dealer must prepare Form VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale along with Form VTR-340 and submit to Texas DMV. This form contains information of salvaged vehicles, vehicle bodies, and other vehicle components sent to metal recyclers as scrap. Occupation Code §2303.257 mandates surrender of the certificate of title of the salvaged motor vehicles described in the form VTR-203 to Texas DMV. Please prepare VTR-203 Texas Salvage Vehicle Bill of Sale carefully. Strikeouts and omissions are not permitted.