Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale form is an instrument intended to validate the sale/purchase transaction of a motor vehicle. This form documents the transaction particulars like amount and date of sale, vehicle details, and information about Buyer and Seller. This Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale form is required during the application for transfer of title. In addition, insurance company requires this form to establish the ownership of the vehicle. DMV, Alabama requires following particulars in this form.
- Name and address of Buyer and Seller; however, PO Box addresses are not allowed
- Detailed description of motor vehicle including make, model, vehicle identification number, and year
- Particulars of encumbrances if any
- Amount of Sale in words and figure
- Date of sale and transfer of ownership of the vehicle
- Odometer reading at the time of the sale of the vehicle
- Signatures of Buyer and Seller
- Signatures of two neutral witnesses or notary seal acknowledging signatures on the Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale form
How to Fill Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale
- Enter amount of sale in US Dollar. Please provide the amount both in words and figure.
- Then enter Purchaser’s name on the next line. Continue by entering the detailed address of the purchaser. Please do not enter a PO Box address.
- Provide accurate description of the motor vehicle like make, vehicle identification number, model, and year on the respective lines. These particulars of the vehicle description must match the title of the vehicle.
- Please specify the odometer reading at the time of the sale of the vehicle.
- Continue by furnishing Seller’s name on the next line. This name must be exactly as mentioned in the title of the motor vehicle.
- Enter the address of the Seller. Please do not provide a PO Box address. Mention street address, name of the city and state along with the zip code.
- Specify encumbrance if any, on the subsequent line. It is necessary to provide this information as typically motor vehicles are sold as is and therefore, do not attract any warranty of whatsoever manner.
- The Seller must enter the date in the required format and sign on the next line.
- Two neutral witnesses must sign on the Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale acknowledging the signature of the Seller. Alternately, the Seller can sign before a notary public and get the notarization seal and signature in the space reserved for the same.
Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale is required while buying or selling a motor vehicle to document the transaction and establish ownership. Please use this form during the sale/purchase transaction. DMV, Alabama and insurance company require duly filled Madison County, Alabama Bill of Sale along with the certificate of title. Amount of sale specified in this form is considered for tax calculation. Please complete this form duly and sign before a notary public of Alabama State.